Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Homemade Pickles!!!

I finally found a beautiful cucumber in my garden!!! Unfortunately, it also had a yellow friend that I didn't catch in time. :( I still kept it in the picture in remembrance of what could have been. So, what to do with one lone cucumber?














                                                                                                                      Make pickles, of course!!!

I used my most favorite Red Wine Vinegar made by Rozendal. You have to order it online, but it's my one "must have" treat to myself that I get each year. 

I had some dill drying above my stove and some fresh garlic lying around. A pinch of sugar and some sea salt and voila! Of course, my son ate about 3/4 of them...but what I had was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment