Sunday, May 23, 2010

Guests on my journey

I've met some really great people along my journey of getting to my own cooking show. Just treated myself to a new haircut & highlights last weekend. Thanks Karen at the Bee Hive in Philly. I definitely recommend her...if you check her out, tell her Mandy sent you. Went to the Collingswood Farmer's Market this weekend and met a nice woman at the honey stand. I discovered a very tasty honey with a kick...Habanero Honey. It's infused with habanero, hot cherry & jalapeno peppers. Very good. I'm going to try it as a baste for salmon, or tilapia. I also met a couple of nice brothers...Mac & Mac from a company called Duker. I got some delicious spicy pickled green tomatoes. Yum!

Tonight I had the pleasure of teaching a hands-on cooking class with a group of wonderful people. They were all so friendly! I just hope all my clients can be so great.

The theme of the night was Mexican. I provided instruction for turkey enchilada casserole, guacamole, pico de gallo and cinnamon & sugar crisps.  My little sous chef was the photographer. Thank you again Alyssa & friends!!! I had a great time.





We had a vegetarian in the house. She cubed these veggies perfectly!

















     












Totally in my element.                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment