Saturday, September 22, 2012

Crock Pot 'o Fall Fun

I love, love, love my crockpot!!! I especially love crockpot bags! However, I need to do a little more research to find out how bad these are to cook with. BPA? 

I love being able to throw in all the ingredients, run errands, do laundry, clean up, do homework, whatever... and come back to a wonderful aroma dinner. It's like having someone cook for you because you forget the bit of work it took to throw in the crockpot and arrive back to a finished meal!!!


Here's some things I've created with my daughter...
Chicken & Vegetable Barley Soup
This was sooooo good! It was even better the next day!!! The kids devoured it.

Red Potato & Pumpkin Chowder


















This started out as Baked Potato soup, but I had some leftover canned pumpkin that I used earlier that day and threw that in. Topped with bacon pieces, green onion and a tiny dollop of sour cream...Again, even better the next day.

Maisee's Cowgirl Beans



















After soaking the white beans overnight, Maisee created these delicious BBQ beans - celery, onion, and mommy supervised the addition of a 1/4 Cup of Whiskey. YUM!!!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment